CJ PRIDE is a consortium of participating school districts throughout New Jersey. Our mission is to attract diverse candidates to fill teaching positions in our respective districts. Aligned with this mission, CJ PRIDE is offering scholarship opportunities which are designed to support the educational pursuits of students from underrepresented groups who are accepted and intend to enroll and pursue teacher certification through an approved New Jersey educator preparation program.
CJ PRIDE is honored to offer three scholarships in the amount of $1,000 each to high school seniors from underrepresented groups, who plan to enroll in and attend a college or university in the State of New Jersey and pursue education as a career. Additional consideration will be given to applicants who plan to become teachers in difficult-to-fill areas, including, but not limited to, Math, Science, Technology, English as a Second Language, Bilingual Education, and World Languages. The completed application must be submitted by March 31, 2021. Winners will be notified by April 30, 2021.
Please assemble the following five documents (in the required formats) before beginning your application. You will be required to upload/attach these files to your application:
- Brief statement explaining why you have chosen to apply for this scholarship offered to members of underrepresented groups in education
- Short summary describing who or what inspired you to become an educator. How have you been inspired? How would you transfer that experience to others?
- Your resume (PDF or JPEG)
- Letter of recommendation from your school counselor or a teacher who can attest to your strengths (PDF or JPEG)
- Official school transcript issued from your high school’s guidance department (PDF or JPEG)
TO SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION, PLEASE CLICK ON THE FOLLOWING LINK: 2021 CJ PRIDE Scholarship Application